The General Assembly: The General Assembly is the decision-making body of ECMA and meets twice a year. It approves the organisation’s strategic plan for the forthcoming year and agrees on the budget.
The Board: The Board sets the direction of the organisation and deals with urgent decisions. The current ECMA Board members are:
- Beat Burger, ECMA President and CEO of Burger Söhne and Dannemann
- Fernando Dominguez, CEO of la Tabacalera S.L.U.
- Beat Hauenstein, CEO of Oettinger Davidoff AG
- Jurjan Klep, President and Senior Vice President, Machine-Made Cigar Division, of Scandinavian Tobacco Group
- Stefano Mariotti, CEO of Manifatture Sigaro Toscano
- Frederik Vandermarliere, ECMA Treasurer and CEO of J. Cortès
ECMA Secretariat: Paul Wujek has been Director General of ECMA since July 2019.
Prior to joining ECMA, Paul worked for 6 years in Brussels in various roles: within a consultancy, a trade association and an international non-profit-making non-governmental organisation, with a particular focus on EU policies in the areas of food, environment, health and agriculture.
Since 2018, Paul is also a Board member of the Society of European Affairs Professionals, the European representativeorganisation of all EU public affairs professionals.
A French national, Paul holds degrees in European Affairs, French, Belgian and Common law.